Off late I have become very much conscious about what my family is eating, what are the ingredients going into that, can it be made at home without preservatives and all such stuff. Especially since my daughter marked her existence in my life, I started paying attention to “The Health” part of each food item.
I discovered that my Little Wonder prefers some crispy n little salty things as compared to sweets so I tried this recipe for her and she loves it to the core. These crackers are packed with lots of goodness from oats, seeds and nuts. I read so many recipes on internet and then decided upon my own version. This is really good as a finger food to your Toddler or for your own Tea Time snacking.
Let’s start with the Ingredients List first…
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup oats powder
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp ground Melon Seeds
- 1 tbsp ground Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Mixed Nuts Powder(can be avoided as there are lots of seeds)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp melted Ghee/1 tsp Olive oil( I made it with Ghee for my Toddler)
- Water to knead the dough
Process is very simple, mix all the ingredients and form a tight dough then shape as per your liking and bake😀 so easy han, let’s take it step by step:
- First of all mix wheat flour, oats , seeds powder n nuts powder thoroughly
- Now add salt n chilly flakes and again mix
- Now add the Ghee/oil and mix this properly to the state of bread crumbs, the mixture would become crumbly as the bread crumbs are
- Now add little water and start making the dough. This has to be a medium to tight dough
- Now roll the dough, the thickness should not be more than 5mm
- After rolling cut it into desired shapes(This time I made squares, last time it was circles, I am teaching my daughter shapes 🤓)
- Now place them on your baking tray on a foil sheet and bake. The time majorly depend on your oven I made it in my ‘Electric Tandoor’ on low heat settings and it took about 40 minutes to get the desired crispy look.
The outcome is really crispy crunchy crackers that everybody loves. Try once and you will be tempted to make the next batch very soon😊