Yesterday’s rain and thunderstorm was a great relief from heat but on getting up I saw so many raw Mangoes on the grass. So decided to make use of them by making my Mom style ‘Aam ki Launji,’ it tastes great. Lovely sweet and sour accompaniment for Parathas, puris and all. This is a simple delicious quick recipe to uplift your mood. Lets start:
- Raw Mangoes 5-6 peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp Mustard oil
- 1 tsp Onion seeds(kalaunji)
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Rock Salt
- 3/4 cup sugar(can be adjusted as per taste)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Very little water
- Heat mustard oil very well in a thick bottom pan
- Now because the oil is very hot I prefer to add some Mangoes first and then in a side of the pan I add onion, fennel and fenugreek seeds so that I don’t burn them, this is because heating point of mustard oil is very high and one might burn the seeds which will ruin the taste so it’s a safer side
- Now crackle the seeds and then mix with Mangoes and now you can add the remaining Mangoes also. Mix them well
- Now add some water and cover the lid for 4-5 minutes
- Now add the spices and sugar and mix well let it cook again in its steam by putting on the lid.
- Check after 4-5 minutes , it must have been cooked to a mushy consistency by now, if not cook for some more time.
- Don’t forget to taste this yummy thing before serving🤗
Everyone at my home loves the sweet and sour flavor, goes very well with our breakfast Parathas.