When you have Mangoes all around you, you think of ways to utilize them in the best manner…
In this hot weather juices are a great relief, and if it is home-made without preservatives it just doubles the enjoyment. And I am relieved that my family is not having any harmful preservatives drink so often. That’s the reason I tried this recipe and it came out so nice, there is no difference in taste in comparison to commercial mango fruity and it’s far more healthy. It’s a must try recipe as it is very easy to make also.
- 4 -5 fully ripe Mangoes big size(I made it with Safeda you can choose your favorite may be Alphonso)
- 2 medium size raw Mangoes
- 1 and 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 litres water
- Peel and chop all the Mangoes and put in a big vessel with water and let it boil on simmer for 10 minutes
- Stir it occasionally, boil till the Mangoes are very soft and mushy
- Now strain it and then run the pulp left in strainer in a blender till it becomes a smooth puree
- Now strain this puree also in the same water extracted in the above step
- Strain it properly and discard the remaining fiber
- Now put this extracted juice again on the flame and mix in the sugar and cook for some 5 minutes till all the sugar is diluted
- Now taste it and adjust sugar as per your liking, the quantity of sugar depends on sweetness of Mangoes also, mine was perfect with this quantity.
- Now let it cool and then keep it in glass bottles in the refrigerator to get chilled
Now you can enjoy whenever you wish, it will be good for 4-5 days in fridge. You can even freeze to increase life. Adding a little mint for fresh flavor while serving will make it even more enticing. It’s a great way to enjoy Mango season go ahead and try this yum😊