My lovely daughter is obsessed with cakes these days and I am taking it as an opportunity to feed her fruits and vegetables that she won’t eat usually, she eats them in form of cakes or cup cakes easily. I like to make cupcakes or muffins often because then I don’t need to slice the cake every time she asks for.
My daughter is not much fond of carrots but I often mince them and use in pasta poha etc. This time I thought of baking some muffins with those lovely orange carrots. These muffins came out very soft and fluffy, and I got my verdict ‘ Acha bana h(she liked it) ‘😀
Let’s start with the recipe:
- 1 and 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup curd
- 1 cup sugar(I used granulated)
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup oil(I used Rice Bran)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- A pinch of salt
- First of all mix curd and sugar in bowl so the sugar melts
Mix it and keep it aside.
- In a different bowl sift together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder
- When the sugar and curd are mixed add in the oil and vanilla and whisk properly
- Now fold the sifted flour mix in to this and finally add grated carrots
After folding in the carrots distribute the batter in a Muffins tray already lined with cup cake liners.
- Now bake them in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 15-18 minutes or till the toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Once baked cool them completely on a wire rack, and enjoy very soft, very healthy Carrot Muffins😃
The texture is very nice and fluffy. This recipe is a must try for your kids or for your own Tea Time snacking. You can also make it even healthier by using cane sugar, I am going to do the same I bake them the next time.