I got this idea recently from a recipe book by chef Sanjeev Kapoor, I got that book free with my tea leaves packet(just to clarify that I don’t buy cookery books in the era of internet😋😉). I thought it’s a must try as my daughter loves pooris, and there are veggies in it😋 I know I have become a typical Mom who just wants her child to eat. But believe me it’s really not that easy, only a Mom can understand this🤗
Our weekends are for indulgence😉 so here is a deep-fried goodness with a very simple recipe.
- 1 and 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 Small carrots and 2 tomatoes puréed
- 1 tbsp melted ghee
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp chat masala
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep-frying
- Make a well between the flour in a mixing bowl and add carrot and tomato puree in it
- Now add the spices and ghee and mix well. Shortening(or Moen in Hindi) with desi ghee(clarified butter) gives a great texture to pooris
- Make a smooth dough, you can add little water if needed, for me the purée was enough
- Cover and let the dough rest for about 10-15 minutes
- Put a deep vessel with enough oil on the stove top to heat and while the oil is getting heated, make small Round crack free balls with the dough
- Roll them and deep-fry in medium hot oil, pressing(very light pressure) the poori while being fried gives perfect fluffy pooris.😃
Isn’t this very simple, I served it with potato coriander stew and some curd for today’s lunch. Make your family’s favorite stew with them and enjoy.