This is a basic butter cream recipe for cakes. I am not a cake decorator type person but I just manage to do some basic frosting. This is such an easy recipe for people like me to give their cakes an extra ordinary look.
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter( at room temperature)
- 1 & 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp milk
- A pinch of salt
- Add the butter to a mixing bowl, add vanilla essence and salt to it and start mixing with a bloom whisk. Or electric hand mixer
- Beat it till the butter is fluffy and pale
- Now add sugar and start beating again. Mix it thoroughly for 5-8 minutes adding milk in between if needed( if it seems hard to beat) you may not need milk at all depending on weather. Main point is you should get soft peaks in the end.
- You can add edible colors of your choice also.
Pour this in a piping bag and decorate your cake.