These Red velvet cup cakes are true Delight to have any time of the day😍 and when you know these are made of Whole Wheat Flour and have beetroot in them, how would you react 🤗
Nature has given us beautiful fruits and vegetables, and one of them is Beetroot, with its beautiful red color. One can be very creative with beetroot by using it in salads, dips, cakes, Sandwiches and all. I don’t exactly remember where I got this idea from, but once I saw chef Amrita Raichand using beets puree as a sandwich filling on TV. Recently, I searched the internet for a natural red velvet cup cake’s recipe and found so many😋 so it’s not only me who is always willing to feed her child veggies😉
Since the day I baked my first whole wheat flour cake I have stopped using refined flour in my cakes. Believe me you also will start using whole meal when you find there is no much difference in taste and texture when made using the right techniques. So, here I present my 100% whole wheat flour naturally Red Velvet Cup Cakes.
- 1 and 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup beetroot puree
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup curd
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- A pinch of salt
- First of all mix curd and sugar in a bowl and keep aside, so the sugar melts and mixes properly
- In another bowl sieve together flour, salt, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda, keep aside
- Now check the bowl of curd. Sugar must have been mixed well by now, beat it a little and add in oil and vanilla. Mix thoroughly
- Now add the beetroot puree to curd mixture. Again mix it properly
- Now add this wet mix to the dry ingredients bowl and fold gently. Just mix them lightly to ensure there are no lumps.
- Now line a cup cake tray with liners and pour the batter in them. Fill only 3/4 and leave rest of the space for rising
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 18-20 minutes or till the toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool them completely and then do the frosting. I did some butter cream frosting this time. You can check a basic recipe for butter cream here(Butter Cream Frosting).
Enjoyed best with friends and family😊