Making cookies once a week is a ritual at my home, since I have decided not to buy market biscuits. And here I am, making a new cookie recipe every week.
These cookies got this nice Red color with use of Beetroot puree😊 These are made with Whole Wheat flour, Cane sugar and some Home made Ghee(yes ghee – clarified butter😊). These lovely ingredients make them a healthier choice anytime.
- 1 and 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup beetroot puree
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup ghee/clarified butter(or you can use butter as well)
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- Mix together ghee, sugar and vanilla with an electronic beater or with a hand whisk till sugar melts and become one with ghee
- Add Beetroot puree and mix well
- Combine dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and Cocoa powder and sieve directly in the bowl of ghee sugar and beet mix
- Now mix it all together to form a dough, cover and pop in the fridge for an hour. You can shape and bake right away but remember a chilled dough is easy to work with and your cookies will maintain a shape if you chill the dough.
- After an hour roll the dough in a quarter-inch thick sheet and cut out in your favorite shape, and line them on a baking tray with parchment paper or foil on it
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Or if you like the crunch like my daughter😃 bake for a minute more
- You can also add some chocolate chips to the dough and form round balls of cookie dough, this will be baked for up to 15 minutes on the same temperature settings
Let them cool and then Enjoy your guilt free, healthy yummies with your favorite cuppa😋