Though Tortilla is easily available in market but I prefer my home-made ones for obvious reasons. Homemade is healthy, hygienic and customized as per our taste, hence definitely a better choice😊 Plus this one is a very easy and quick recipe.
I have made them with 2:1 ratio of whole wheat flour and refined flour. I added one part of refined flour just so that we can have a little deviation from our daily Roti(chapatis). Yes Tortillas are Mexican Rotis only. You can make them with 100% whole wheat flour or 50-50 as well.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup refined flour
- 1 tsp ghee(clarified butter) or oil or butter
- 1 tsp salt
- Mix both the Flours and salt in a bowl
- Add ghee and mix very well till you get fine bread crumbs like texture in the flour
- Slowly start adding water little by little to make the dough, once it is ready cover with a damp cloth and set aside for 10-15 minutes
- After 10-15 minutes make small equal sized balls of the dough, this much flour gave me 10 balls
- Now roll each dough ball in a round thin sheet with the help of some dry flour
- Heat the griddle and cook this for about 30-40 seconds on each side
- You need not cook them completely like the roti, as they are cooked again while making Quesadilla.
They can be stored in fridge for up to 4 days and in freezer for up to 3 weeks. If you have them in fridge you can make your favorite Quesadilla or some tortilla chips whenever you wish😃