Everyone loves jams, so is my daughter. But every time I give her market bought jam, I feel guilty of giving her unnecessary chemicals. This thought led me to trying a few jam recipes at home. This one is seasons favorite Mango and Pineapple jam made with fresh fruits and low sugar.
Sugar is a preservative in itself hence there is truly no need of adding any other chemicals in the name of preserving. The only condition is to store it in a clean and dry glass container(it’s great if you can sterilize the container) and keep it at a cool and dry place(best is your refrigerator). It will stay good up to 2 months but I am sure it won’t last that long😊
- 2 cups chopped Mangoes(roughly 3 medium size mangoes)
- 1 cup clean and chopped Pineapple(roughly half a pineapple)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice(4-5 lemons)
- Clean thoroughly and chop the fruits. If you do not like chunky jams you can puree mango and pineapple and then cook. Also take out juice from lemons
- In a large steel vessel add chopped Mangoes and cook for 3-4 minutes
- Then add Pineapple, sugar and lemon juice and keep on cooking
- I have added 3/4 cup sugar but you can add up to 1 & 1/2 cups, but I feel these fruits are very sweet on their own
- Cook it on low flame stirring frequently for 20-25 minutes till you get a nice jam consistency
- Take off and store in a clean dry glass bottle, when cooled keep it in the refrigerator.
The process is very simple but takes time, but I think, that time is completely worth it😊