This is an amazing flavor combination for summer cookies. Lemon zest gives them really refreshing feel, while Basil adds to health properties. Together they make the cookies so Summery, so fresh🤗 it’s a must try😃
I had some surplus basil lying in my fridge so I searched and then zeroed upon these cookies. This one is a very simple recipe with very few ingredients and steps, yet so flavorful.
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Handful of basil leaves
- Pinch of salt (skip if you are using salted butter)
- Zest of 2-3 lemons(a tsp)
- 1 tbsp milk
- Churn the sugar, basil leaves and lemon zest together in a food processor for few seconds
- Take out this lemon basil sugar in a mixing bowl and add butter to it, mix very well till everything is combined completely
- Add flour, salt and a tbsp of milk and make the dough(you can add some more milk to make the dough if required)
- Let the dough rest in fridge for an hour
- Take out the dough and cut cookies out of it in your favorite shape, line them on a baking tray
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160 degrees for 12-15 minutes till you see light brown color on sides
Cool and store them in air tight container. They will be good for up to two weeks at room temperature, else you can keep them in fridge for longer life.