Being in Bangalore, I was badly missing Ghevar. It’s my favorite sweet in Teej and Rakhi Season. And when I told the same to my friends, one of them told me that “I can always make it.”🤔 I thought no it’s a very tedious process but then my craving was so mad that I decided to give it a try🤗 I tried but could not get the perfect round Ghevars so my tongue and mind played another game and thus, this unique dish emerged a Layered Dessert with alternate layers of Ghevar and White Chocolate Mousse😉 Believe me the combination is so out of this world, we loved the crunch of Ghevar with soft silky Mousse. Cant really describe in words, have a look at the recipe and decide yourself😍
- 2 tbsp ghee(Clarified butter)
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup refined flour
- Water as required to make pouring consistency batter
- Oil/Ghee or a mix of both for frying
- Few ice cubes
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
For Chocolate Mousse:
- 1 cup + ¼ cup fresh cream
- 150 grams white chocolate
- Take ice cubes in a big bowl and put another bowl over it and pour ghee in it. With the help of a hand mixer beat ghee over ice bath till it becomes creamy, it will take 2-3 minutes
- Now add a tbsp milk and mix again, add little flour and mix, repeat till all the milk and flour is incorporated. Milk and flour is added little by little so that a nice smooth lump free batter is made. Now add the water to make it a pouring consistency batter like shown in the image
- Meanwhile also heat ghee/oil or mix of both in a deep pan, it should be filled half way to fry ghevar. When its hot pour a ladle full of batter in it, let it sizzle and settle, takes about a minute. Then pour another ladle of batter and let it settle in hot oil. Small ghevars can be made with three ladles of batter or if you have chosen a wide pan you will need few more ladles to make a nice ghevar.
- Let the ghevar cook till nice golden in colour then take it out on a kitchen towel. It will release lots of oil.
- Also make the sugar syrup by mixing ½ cup sugar and ½ cup water and boiling it till you get a One thread consistency.
- Take ¼ cup cream in a pan and heat it till just a few bubbles start appearing. Add in chopped white chocolate to the hot cream and start mixing, so the chocolate melts nicely. If it is not melting, melt it on a double boiler or microwave
- Take 1 cup of chilled cream in another mixing bowl and whip it till you get soft peaks, then mix the melted chocolate in this whipped cream. You can add some saffron or cardamom for additional flavor as per your likings
- Take your Dessert Glasses and layer crumbled ghevar first, pour some cold(at room temperature) sugar syrup over it and then layer some chocolate mousse.
- Repeat the process till the glasses are filled.
Finally add a dollop of fresh whipped cream over the top and a little crumbled Ghevar.
The combination won my heart forever, I am sure to make it next season again.😍