Hummus serves as a great side dish to lavish main meals or it can be used as wonderful Dip for evening snacks, yeah the Chip n Dip!! Hummus is very healthy itself as its base are chickpeas but playing with the recipe a little can make it even healthier. This time I added Avocado to get that creamy texture as well as those nutrients hidden in the beautiful fruit. Avocado contains many flavonoid antioxidants those are good for our body. It contains high amounts of mono unsaturated fatty acids and Omega-6. In short its a great source of nutrition for kids 🙂
Avocado makes this hummus stand out and believe me this one is such a refreshing hummus recipe to please your taste-buds.
- 1 Ripe Avocado(Cored, peeled and chopped roughly)
- 1 can or 1 cup boiled chickpeas
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- Juice of one lemon
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Tahina Paste
- Salt to taste
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper to taste
- Few Carrots
- Few Cucumbers
- Some Banana Chips
- Pulse together chickpeas, avocado, cumin seeds, garlic, tahina and salt & pepper in a food processor bowl until it is one thick creamy mixture
- Take it out in a bowl and garnish with some olive oil and some sesame seeds.
- Cut the cucumbers and carrots in sticks
- Sever the Avocado salsa with cucumber and carrot sticks and some banana chips.
No one can deny such a refreshing evening snack that is filling too. You can even use it as a spread for your kiddos sandwiches 😉