Here is a very quick and easy recipe of Oatmeal & Flaxmeal Digestive Crackers, with some mild sweetness of jaggery. Hunger between the mealtimes can be really tricky and might lead us to munch on unhealthy stuff, but when you know that you can make such healthy and easy munchies then you would love to stock up with them every week. The recipe is very simple but loaded with the goodness of Oats, flaxmeal & jaggery.
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup powdered oats
- ¼ cup flax meal(25 grams)
- ¼ cup butter/ghee
- ¼ cup jaggery powder
- 2 tbsp milk
- A pinch of salt
- Mix together wheat flour, powdered oats, flax meal, powdered jaggery and salt in a bowl
- Add butter and mix it well by rubbing between your palms
- Add little milk to make the dough
- Roll the dough in a thin sheet and cut it in your favorite shape and line them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Prick them with a fork
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160 degrees for 12-14 minutes or till the sides are golden
Munch on them whenever you feel hungry, they are very filling and bang on healthy.