I love experimenting with flavors. But there are some flavors that are meant to be together always like Pineapple and Coconut. So, when I thought of making Baked Coconut Cottage Cheese Sticks I had to make a dipping sauce that had something to do with Pineapple in it. I zeroed upon this flavorful sweet and tangy at the same time Crushed Pineapple Sauce with some chilli in it.
The sauce is so good to go with any kind of pakoras, baked crisps or fries. I have used coconut sugar in making this sauce to give it a nice earthy flavor but you can use any normal sugar or jaggery as well. But believe me if you have not tried coconut sugar yet, do give it a chance you are sure to fall in love with the nutty taste and earthy flavor of this beautiful all natural sugar.
- 1 cup pineapple chopped in small pieces
- 1 cup pineapple juice/water
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- Black Salt to taste
- In a saucepan combine pineapple and pineapple juice, sugar and mix well
- Let it simmer till pineapple is very soft and crush-able, it is reduced till 1/3 of its volume
- Add lemon juice, salt and chilli flakes and mix well and crush the pineapple pieces
- Let it cool and then serve
Store it in a glass jar in fridge. This will stay good up to 4-5 days, but I know it won’t last 😉