Can eating donuts be healthy? Well yes if made with this recipe 😉 I have made these donuts with 100% oats flour, coconut. A lot of coconut in them makes them deliciously flavored donuts that you would love to have them in your breakfast tomorrow 🙂 There is no compromise on texture, feel and taste with so much of healthy ingredients, in fact they are super yum. Husband & I relished them to the core.
The recipe is inspired from “ Feastingonfruits.com” I have done few changes to suit my style. Use of coconut oil, coconut milk, coconut cream makes them completely vegan and oats are gluten free. So, even people with gluten allergy can relish these yummies. I have used my homemade coconut milk and cream in them will share a detailed post about the goodness of coconut very soon on the blog till then enjoy this simple and flavorful recipe 🙂
- 1 & ½ cup powdered oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut(dry)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut cream(Thick layer above coconut milk)
- 2 tbsp while chocolate
- Few sprinklers
- In a food processor jar combine together oats, desiccated coconut, baking powder & baking soda. Pulse it just a few times and take out
- In a mixing bowl combine coconut milk, vinegar, coconut oil and coconut sugar and mix well
- Combine the liquid mix and the dry mix together to form a lump free batter.
- Grease the donut pan with some oil and pour the batter carefully in each cavity, I poured the remaining batter in a small loaf tin
- Bake in a preheated even at 170 degrees for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Let them cool completely and then carefully de-mould them.
- Mix coconut cream and melted white chocolate and then drizzle it over the donuts and decorate with some sprinklers
Aren’t they really simple and yum? Plus you are getting the perfect dose of health in this recipe 🙂