This one is my favorite, go to easy chutney whenever I am making any kind of samosas or kachoris or dahi bhallas at home. This is fuss free and so delish that you will also love to try it this way 🙂 Made in 3 very easy steps and almost no full time attention is needed while making this. So you can do anything on side while this is being made.
Another great thing about this chutney is it stores really well, you can keep it in a glass jar in fridge upto a month easily 🙂
- 1 cup de-seeded dates
- 2-3 tbsp deseeded tamarind
- 1/2 cup grated jaggery or sugar
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- black salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried powdered ginger powder(optional, gives a nice taste)
- Take dates, tamarind in a deep saucepan and add 3-4 cups of water and let it boil for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add jaggery/sugar, salt, chilli powder and cumin powder and mix well, let it cook and reduce for another 5 minutes till the jaggery dissolves completely and mixture is nice and thick
- Strain the mixture in a bowl and the chutney is ready to be served 🙂
Store it in a glass jar in fridge, you can even freeze it for more life.