Do you often struggle to decide what to give your kid as a snack? If yes then this is the recipe for you. These Mixed Millet Jaggery Cookies are super healthy and crunchy yummy cookies for your kids snack time. You can handover one to your kid any time of the day without any guilt, as you are giving them these power packed cookies with a dose of health and I am sure your kids are going to love it 😍
I have used ready mixed millet flour in making them along with jaggery. These are the simplest cookies that can be prepared in a jiffy, just mix the ingredients, roll, cut and bake!
I have not even used baking powder or baking soda in making them as these are especially for kids. But then too they have an amazing texture😍 Believe me this is the healthiest cookie recipe that you have been looking for and you must try this one🤗
- 1 cup & 2 tbsp mixed millet flour(approx 150 grams)
- 100 grams butter
- 100 grams grated jaggery(you can use powdered jaggery too)
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of milk if required
- In a large bowl combine butter, grated or powdered jaggery and salt and start beating
- Mix it well till the jaggery is all dissolved and the mixture looks a little fluffy
- Add flour gradually and mix well, just make it all come together
- If you feel the dough is dry then add milk, for me the moisture from jaggery and butter was just enough.
- If the dough seems too soft then add a tbsp more flour to it, then roll the dough with a rolling-pin and cut out the cookies
- You can even just pull out small balls of the dough and flatten them between your palms and line on baking tray lined with parchment paper
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 160 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until they look nice and golden brown. Keep an eye after 10 minutes of baking because it depends on your oven and its temperature settings.