Spaghetti with Vegan Meat Balls, sounds interesting isn’t it? This is a complete vegan meal that packs nutrition as well. In my curiosity to make pasta more interesting for my family, this time I zeroed upon this recipe of lentil meat balls to be served along with pasta for dinner.
My vegan meatballs are delicious, tender & juicy. This is surely an exotic meal, but still I tried keeping the recipe very simple and did not add much complicated ingredients to it.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 medium onions(One roughly chopped and one fine chopped)
- 1 carrot roughly chopped
- 8-10 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 4-5 tomatoes pureed
- 1 & ½ cup cooked green moong lentils
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts
- Salt to taste
- Freshly crushed black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- ¼ cup shredded cheese of your choice(optional)
- 150 grams durum wheat or whole wheat spaghetti pasta
- In a mixer jar combine together cooked lentils, one roughly chopped onion, 3-4 garlic cloves, carrot, roasted peanuts, salt & pepper and blitz together till combined well
- Now make small balls from this and cook them with few drops of oil in a Paniyaram pan. Cook evenly by turning in between, you can also bake them in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 25-30 minutes till they look golden brown. Prepare and keep them aside.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta as per package instructions along with some oil and salt and drain and keep aside
- In a pan heat the remaining oil and add fine chopped onion and cook till it is pink, then add the remaining garlic chopped fine and cook for a minute more.
- Add tomato puree and cook till all the excess water from tomatoes is absorbed and then add salt, pepper & chili flakes and mix well. Pasta sauce is ready, now we have to combine all three modules of the dish.
- Mix the cooked pasta and sauce or else just plate the pasta and drizzle sauce over it.
- Finally top the pasta with prepared lentil balls and add some shredded cheese if using on top to make it look more exotic.